Version 6.5.1 (2021-09-30)
- Fix bug: The setting "Check for updates at launch" could not be saved.
- Optimize: Improve the connectivity to activation servers, reducing connection problems while activating online.
- Optimize: Use higher quality images on higher DPI settings.
Version 6.5.0 (2021-08-08)
- [Server Edition] Support a maximum disk size of 2TB.
- Support a maximum cluster size of 2MB for the NTFS file system on Windows 10.
- Support a minimum interval of 1 second for the timing save.
- Support resizing the GUI main dialog.
- Adopt a uniform system font for the GUI program.
- Support high-DPI devices.
- Fix possible memory leaks.
Version 6.4.1 (2021-03-23)
- Fix bug: SCSI disks might appear very late since Windows 10 build 19042.804.
- Fix bug: File dialogs were not resizable on Windows XP or 2003.
Version 6.4.0 (2020-12-31)
- New: Support backing images for hybrid-disks.
- New: Add "New Disk From Image" and "New Disk From Configuration" in the right-click context menu to quickly create a disk from an image or configuration file.
- New: Add German language.
- Optimize: Improve user experience on configuring disks.
- Fix bug: Disk event ID #15 and #158 occurred when two or more SCSI disks were created on Windows 10 1903 build or later.
- Fix bug: Disk/volume information in the GUI disk list might not correctly updated after associating an image.
Version 6.3.1 (2019-01-08)
- Optimize: Improve the Dynamic Memory Release feature and fix the issue that dynamic memory may not fully released after files were deleted.
- Optimize: Check if Windows Core Isolation Memory Integrity option is on before install the program. And if on prompt users to turn off this option as Primo Ramdisk is not compatible with this option.
- Fix bug: In Windows 10 1809build, SCSI ramdisks couldn't support paging file successfully.
- New: A tool button is added to the Utilities dialog to quickly launch the Windows setting dialog for paging files.
Version 6.2.0 (2018-11-09)
- New: Supports exFAT file system.
- New: License dialog displays license activation code (partial).
- Fix bug: (v6.1.0 only) SCSI ramdisks with image files fail to support paging files.
- Fix bug: (v6.1.0 only) SCSI ramdisks with image files may not appear after reboot in some computers.
- Fix bug: Conflicts with other drivers in some computers, leading to failure of these drivers.
- Fix bug: The GUI program may stop responding when clicks on the "Image Settings" in the configuration dialog.
- Fix bug: Might cause lags at timing save in some computers.
- Fix bug: The GUI program cannot correctly determine administrative privileges in few cases.
- Fix bug: The GUI program don't change list column width at the first mouse click in Windows server systems.
- Optimize: Mistake-proofing on typing or pasting license activation code.
- Change: New created disks subject to 4KB alignment.
- Change: Use NTFS as default file system for new created disks if not specified.
- Other improvements.
Version 6.1.0 (2018-06-06)
- Greatly improve the read/write speed of both SCSI and Direct-IO ramdisks.
- Redesign the GUI program for better user experience.
- Support mounting image files. [Except Standard Edition]
- Support saving the disk content to the image file before the computer enters the sleep or hibernate state. [Except Standard Edition]
- Merge Standard, Professional, Ultimate editions into one package. And the program automatically switch the edition based on the license type, so you don't need to install the program again when you upgrade the program to an advanced edition.
- Fix bug: Possible conflicts with certain drivers, especially intel wireless drivers, causing these drivers not working or BSOD.
- Fix bug: Possible hangs on accessing a file-disk or hybrid-disk in Windows 8/10.
- Fix bug: The GUI program possibly freezes while saving the image file or running other time-consuming operations.
- Fix bug: The modification time of an image file is not updated after the program saves the ramdisk content to the image file.
- Fix bug: Ramdisks did not save their content to image files at computer shutdown when Windows Fast Startup is enabled.
- Fix bug: Some disk contents might not been saved to the image file in time during timing save.
- Allow to keep original copy when creating a junction point.
- Reduce the real storage size of a flat image file.
- Add a switch in the Option dialog to quickly turn off/on Windows Fast Startup.
- Other improvements.
Version 5.7.0 (2016-07-09)
- Fix bug: Program becomes unregistered or expired after Windows is upgraded to 8 or later.
- Fix bug: Blue screen errors with SCSI ramdisks on Windows Server 2008(R2)/2012(R2).
- Fix bug: Blue screen error with SCSI ramdisks on Windows 8 or above.
- Fix bug: Potential blue screen error with DirectIO/SCSI ramdisks.
- Optimize: Computer reboot is not required for activating the program if no virtual disk is created.
- Optimize: Remove the warning mark in Windows device manager when program is in safe mode or expired.
- Multilingual version supports Japanese, Slovak and Indonesian.
- Minor tweaks.
Version 5.6.0 (2012-06-25)
- Support command line interface (CLI).
- Support mounting the image files on-the-fly. [Except Standard Edition]
- Support rebuilding the disk with new settings.
- Fix bug: Drive letter may be changed when changing the disk type from Direct-IO to SCSI.
- Fix bug: Program hangs while saving the image file, if last saving was not successful.
- Fix bug: Hybrid-disk may occupy lots of memory while copying large files in Windows Server 2003 R2.
Version 5.5.0 (2012-04-19)
- Fix bug: Failed to detect Invisible Memory (error code: 2) on Windows XP/2003 which is installed on a FAT/FAT32 partition.
- Fix bug: Slow memory allocation on Windows 8.
- Fix bug: Cannot change custom folder names from lowercase to uppercase and vice versa.
- Minor improvements on user interface.
Version 5.4.0 (2012-03-27)
- Support "Delay Load" (aka. Quick Load) feature. [Except Standard Edition]
- Support silent install mode.
- Greatly improve performance on 64-bit Windows.
- Fix bug: SCSI virtual disks may cause Blue Screen.
- Fix bug: Hybrid-disks/File-disks may cause redundant data writing.
- Fix bug: Input text gets truncated when typing beyond the combo box in the utilities dialog.
- Change behavior: When deleting a junction point, copy files back to the mount point by default.
- Change behavior: When creating a new virtual disk, pre-set its disk size based on current available memory amount instead of a fixed value (128 MB).
Version 5.3.0 (2012-02-04)
- Fix fatal bug: Direct-IO disks using Invisible Memory may be corrupted after hibernation. The associated image file will be also corrupted.
- Fix bug: image files or substance files cannot be loaded during computer boot-up if these files are located on external (USB etc.) disks or Dynamic disks, or on partitions of which file systems are not same as boot file system.
* It is not recommended to specify image files or substance files on above-mentioned disks/partitions, because these disks/partitions get ready a little later than normal ones at computer boot-up.
** Known issue: Windows may not assign drive letters for SCSI virtual disks if image/substance files are located in above-mentioned disks/partitions.
- Fix bug: cannot successfully create hybrid/file disks or a ramdisks associated with image files on rare computers.
- Fix bug: characters in wizard/property dialogs are overlapped on some non-English Windows.
- Improve junction tool:
Allow to automatically move files from mount points to target paths when creating junctions.
Allow to automatically copy files back from target paths to mount points when deleting junctions.
Add history feature.
- Improve TEMP tool: Add history feature.
- Pre-set default file names for image/substance files in the disk creation wizard.
- Other minor improvements.
Version 5.2.0 (2012-01-09)
- Fix fatal bug: program may release incorrect memory for Direct-IO virtual disks in Windows 7. This bug also corrupts the image file. So if you have enabled the image file for a Direct-IO ramdisk in Windows 7, you may need to re-create the image file.
- [Professional Edition] Supports the maximum ramdisk size to 32GB instead of 24GB.
- Displays warning message instead of error message when program detects other software is managing Invisible Memory.
- Minor improvements on the user interface.
Version 5.1.0 (2011-11-21)
- Correct custom cluster size list for FAT32/FAT file system.
- Fix a minor bug for NTFS file system.
- Fix bug: failed to create SCSI ramdisk on Windows XP x64 edition.
- A few improvements on the user interface.
Version 5.0.2 (2011-08-30)
- The first release of Primo Ramdisk, based on VSuite Ramdisk v4.6.