Failed to create a new disk! [0x00000003]

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
shadowtrench
Level 1
Level 1

Failed to create a new disk! [0x00000003]

Post by shadowtrench »

Primo Ramdisk was working fine. The only thing I can think of to change was Windows updates and a recent re-installation of Windows. I went to use it yesterday and I started to receive the error: Failed to create a new disk! [0x00000003].

Things I have tried:
- I tried re-installing but that didn't fix it.
- I tried creating new disks both SCSI and Direct-IO disk.
- I tried changing drive letters and the size of the disks.
- Opening a saved image produces the same error.

Not sure where to go from here. I would try installing it on another computer to isolate the issue but I don't have another at this moment. Note I did recently re-install Windows, it was working after initial updates. I went to use it maybe a week or 2 later and now I get the error. I attached a screenshot to this post. Using Google I was unable to find anything relevant to this issue. I found many foreign sites mention the exact error, but I was unable to read the language and translation lost much of the meaning. I searched "0x00000003" by itself but most of what I found regarding the error code was related to blue screens of death which I have not once received since my re-installation.

Any ideas? And thanks in advance.
Attachments
PrimoRamdisk_Error.png
PrimoRamdisk_Error.png (28.08 KiB) Viewed 6335 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Failed to create a new disk! [0x00000003]

Post by Support »

This error code indicates that the system cannot find the path specified. You may check if the image path or the hybrid path is correct. Also please make sure that you are running the program with administrative privileges.

If you still have problems, you may try the following re-installation steps:
1) Uninstall the application and restart the computer.
2) Install the application and license it.
3) Restart the computer.

Hope these help.
Biohazardry
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Biohazardry »

I have the same problem here.

There was no installation of any program or Windows update and the Ramdisk stopped working.

I have tried the steps provided by support but it still doesn't work.

I also uninstalled the software, changed the systemvariables (%TEMP%, %TMP%, ...) back to standard, restarted the workstation and reinstalled the software.

I also can access the image-file via the explorer and I run the Primo software via administrator (no hybrid disc). Also the creation of a new RamDisk fails.

Please help me, I got multiple programs installed on the disc and can't work without them :(

PS: just found out that the icon in the lower left corner (some folder and a tool in front of it is greyed out) and it doesn't show me the OS Invisible Memory (idk if it ever showed me anything there )
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi Biohazardry,

Do you have a valid license of Primo Ramdisk? If the license is invalid, it may cause this issue.
Biohazardry
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Biohazardry »

At the moment I use the 30 day trial (8 days remaining) of the Ultimate Edition v5.6.0 ... so I guess that means there is no licence key on my pc.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Biohazardry wrote:PS: just found out that the icon in the lower left corner (some folder and a tool in front of it is greyed out)
Can you send us a screenshot of the main dialog to [email protected]? If possible, you may also send us the screenshots of your creating wizard pages. Thanks.
And what's your Windows OS? Do you enable Invisible Memory before?