PrimoCache & Pagefile

Post by GOOSE023 »

Caches whether PrimoCache system requests to the pagefile :?:
GOOSE023
Level 2
Level 2

Re: PrimoCache & Pagefile

Post by GOOSE023 »

I drew attention to the fact, that at the active unloading pages and applications from physical memory to the paging file, the hard drive is in a state of increased activity (system partition it), although I have included "delayed write mode" (called "Defer-write") of data blocks from RAM to the HDD with the four-minute intervals (240 sec). Windows Resource Monitor (perfmon.exe) also shows permanent access only to the page file on read and write (on the system partition of course). If you disable the page file, the Resource Monitor does not show any sort of acess to the partition (with the "Defer-write" mode).
Of these thinking I concluded, that PrimoCache completely misses system requests to the page file on read and write ... And in vain!!! Since most of the requests are to the swap file - here and could benefit greatly in performance...
Dear developers, reconsider this "policy" please!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Currently PrimoCache filters the pagefile requests because when enabled possible deadlock may happen.
GOOSE023
Level 2
Level 2

Post by GOOSE023 »

And no way to be intercept system requests to the page file? If it were possible to do so, then such software,
as RAM disk even would not be needed. I'm already against the RAM disk, as it keep in memory everything: modified data and not. PrimoCache keeps in RAM only modified data ...
fsommer1968
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fsommer1968 »

If you encouter high read/write activity on pagefile.sys more memory would be a better choice.
GOOSE023
Level 2
Level 2

Post by GOOSE023 »

Number of system requests to the page file is almost independent of amount of RAM MEMORY, if it does not disable ! :lol:
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

It is possible. Actually we enable this feature in certain versions. But currently we disabled it.
GOOSE023 wrote:And no way to be intercept system requests to the page file?
GOOSE023
Level 2
Level 2

Post by GOOSE023 »

Yes, that would be great! Without interception data blocks of pagefile, this program does not reveal its "full potential". Since almost all people tend to enable the cache on a system partition. On other partitions (eg, documents, multimedia) PrimoCache not need ... In my opinion, your program is particularly remarkable in that you can enable "Defer-write" mode - here and win in system performance, and for owners of SSD drives, enable "Defer-write" mode is prolongs live of devices!
In short, thank you for your development and success in the future! :)
GOOSE023
Level 2
Level 2

Post by GOOSE023 »

When Primo Cache "learn" to intercept the system calls to the page file? Until this happens I should say that the VERSION 1.0.1 OF THIS PROGRAM IS "CRUDE" FOR SALE. As this is a serious drawback of this program!