Few questions

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Mradr
Level 7
Level 7

Few questions

Post by Mradr »

I just got a new job to be a network admin, but I still help with building computers that will be used for customers.

We're building a work station for a 3d designer. His work load requires to load gig size files that he would like to have open up on the spot if he needs to show off his work to other customers. I know this software can use both ram and a SSD cache allowing his computer to take full advantage of the total resource of the computer.

1) When or can we see a price point soon, or better yet, a pre-own price so we can buy/start using this software for customers?
2) Can this software use raid drives as the L2 cache? For example, raid 2 SSD together and then use the L2 for read only speed boost? (We're talking about 500MB + x2 read speeds).
3) Have you fix or even work on SSD Persistent yet?
4) Will you support/already support a project pool? For example, 1GB of ram that each cache drive will use instead of using 1GB x 4 drives (4gb of ram), you use 1GB for 4 drives (1gb of ram).

Sorry. I haven't been to the site for a long while now. I have been busy with life, work, and programming. I do check up, but mainly to get updates on the software. I love the software, but wish there was a bit more selectable options xD. We do plan of using this software for our 1k + builds. The benchmark we can show customers will make their jaws just drop :D

Either way, thanks if you can answer these questions support.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Few questions

Post by Support »

Mradr wrote:Can this software use raid drives as the L2 cache? For example, raid 2 SSD together and then use the L2 for read only speed boost? (We're talking about 500MB + x2 read speeds).
So far the answer is no.
Mradr wrote:3) Have you fix or even work on SSD Persistent yet?
PrimoCache already supports.
Mradr wrote:Will you support/already support a project pool? For example, 1GB of ram that each cache drive will use instead of using 1GB x 4 drives (4gb of ram), you use 1GB for 4 drives (1gb of ram).
PrimoCache already supports.
Mradr
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mradr »

Also, what about price?

As well, what is stopping it from using 2 SSD in raid? Looking around here, I did fine a post saying they did it in a software raid?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Mradr wrote:Also, what about price?
I'm sorry that the price is not finalized yet.
Mradr wrote:As well, what is stopping it from using 2 SSD in raid?
Technically, it is possible to support raid as level-2 storage. It is just not supported in current version.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

support wrote:
Mradr wrote:Also, what about price?
I'm sorry that the price is not finalized yet.
When you do set a price, please don't limit purchases to Paypal only - they've blocked purchase attempts from me for some years now (yes, I use an anonymising proxy for network access).

When I picked up a copy of Primo Ramdisk, I was able to do so via Romex's ShareIt/RegNow page, but that is not accessible via the Buy/Upgrade page. I would suggest re-linking that page and making it an option for Primo Cache, when you start accepting orders.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@InquiringMind, thanks!