You need permission to perform this action message.

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
BigKD
Level 1
Level 1

You need permission to perform this action message.

Post by BigKD »

I am having issues writing to drives created by Primo RAMDisk Professional. When I try to create a new folder on the RAMDrive [or any write operation it seems], I get an error message stating "You need permission to perform this action". I also get a message stating that the recycle bin on Z [ramdrive] is corrupted. I have given full rights to the drive to Everyone and made my user account the owner of the drive. I am using Primo Ramdisk on a corporate network with one of my personal licenses, and I have been told that it there shouldn't be any policy in place that would prevent me from using a RAMDisk, but I am not convinced!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BigKD
Level 1
Level 1

Re: You need permission to perform this action message.

Post by BigKD »

Argh, looks like it is a networking issue. I can kill all tasks on any machine on my network, but I cannot have rights to a drive that I created on my own machine. What a joke.
BigKD
Level 1
Level 1

Post by BigKD »

Actually, I'm not sure what is going on now. I downloaded and installed the AMD RAMDisk freeware, and I was able to successfully install and use the RAMDisk created by that program.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

Welcome to the forums BigKD,

As you mention being on a corporate network, might there be restrictions on installing device drivers? Try opening Device Manager and checking under the System section for a "Primo Ramdisk Controller" - that is the driver used and it needs to be present.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

What is your Windows OS?

If possible, you may try a different ramdisk type (SCSI/DirectIO), or try a different file system (FAT32/NTFS), to see if it works.