Total Read/Write in GUI appears incorrect after changing....

Found a bug? Report here
4EverMaAT
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Total Read/Write in GUI appears incorrect after changing

Post by 4EverMaAT »

support wrote:
4EverMaAT wrote:1) how do I test my memory sticks properly?
Windows itself has memory test tool. Right after BIOS, before windows starts, push F8. Select Memory Test from the options.

I think this issue is really related to your computer hardware and software configuration. Perhaps certain program blocks or affects memory allocation. From the issue description, no instant large memory allocation can succeed. That's why PrimoCache or other similar programs failed.
Instead of just guessing, can we have your program actually log the steps it takes to create the cache, and we can see or get closer to the root cause? Then I can send the logs to you and we can know for sure? Blaming the memory sticks when other programs are working ok is lazy.

Besides we need to be sure, and that can only come from logging on the program's side.

The good news is that I do get the increase in Cache on reboot.

What is also needed is ability to log individual program cache performance. Can we see which programs/files are using the cache and when? Can we exempt programs from using the cache?
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

4EverMaAT wrote: What is also needed is ability to log individual program cache performance. Can we see which programs/files are using the cache and when? Can we exempt programs from using the cache?
If you think that one of your programs need to be cached, use a Ram Disk...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

4EverMaAT wrote:can we have your program actually log the steps it takes to create the cache, and we can see or get closer to the root cause?
We do log fatal errors to Windows Event system. For normal log system, we may add it later. sorry.