configure some kind of Ramdisk

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
minaleeny
Level 1
Level 1

configure some kind of Ramdisk

Post by minaleeny »

I want to be completely anonymous on the internet and the computer I'll be using is only for surfing the web. So let's start with the hardware. I have 16 GB of ram in my laptop, is it possible to configure som kind of Ramdisk with Ubuntu\windows etc? And now to the software. Should I get TOR configured to a VPN provider? I have found one that I'm really happy with, they're pretty cheap and doesn't save logs. Is this difficult to set up or even possible? Is there any other things that I can do in order to increase the leel of anonymity?
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: configure some kind of Ramdisk

Post by InquiringMind »

You could set up a VM on a ramdisk (a forum search should turn up related threads) though the benefits are more performance that privacy related.

Online anonymity is difficult (though not impossible) and requires certain sacrifices (e.g. careful selection of browser+plugins, per-site filter configuration, slower network speeds if using Tor). You would be best advised to visit a forum dealing with such matters - and treat with extreme scepticism any claims from VPN providers about not logging (a necessity for network maintenance and increasingly a legal requirement too).