Optimal settings

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
nsomnius
Level 1
Level 1

Optimal settings

Post by nsomnius »

I'm on Win 7X64 laptop with 2.5Ghz dual core processor and 4 Gb RAM. I've set up a 512MB ramdisk with Primo and chose SCSI despite the Direct I/O being noted as faster. Then I ran ATTO to check the speeds and got somewhere around peaks of 1800MBps read and 3800 MB/s write speeds. I use it for Opera browser alone, seems to help with hanging on an SSD drive. I trashed it and experimented with Direct I/O type and other settings changes and got about 1/3rd those speeds. Since then, no matter what I try of the many permutations, I cannot create a ramdisk with the original speeds. I tried reinstalling the program and using the defaults where applicable and even that didn't get me back to those speeds. I wonder if someone could run ATTO themselves and report back with their joyous speeds and the settings used to derive them. Thanks all.
sparkler
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Optimal settings

Post by sparkler »

im getting R:2334 W:2291 on crystaldisk don't have atto sorry with scsi although it can go below 1gb/s when my pc is busy so you might want to make sure nothing else is running first
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Optimal settings

Post by Support »

ATTO tool may not be correct on the speed > 4GB/s. You may try other bench tools like CrystalDiskMark, AS SSD, IoMeter to get more results.

Also you may check your CPU working frequency to make sure that it is fully performanced. Sometimes computers, especially laptops, may enter a power-saving mode by reducing work frequency.

Hope it helps.