ETA on Delay Load Mode?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
JonP01
Level 2
Level 2

ETA on Delay Load Mode?

Post by JonP01 »

Hi,

I would specifically like to use this mode and was wondering if there was an ETA for this feature to be enabled please?

Also, since I would still like to use the current version of Primo RAM Disk, is it possible to simply upgrade to the latest version of Primo on the same machine without causing any issues to the existing image and RAM Drive that I have created on the current version (apart from enabling Delay Load Mode)?

My plan is to simply create the RAM Drive and image now (with the current version) and allow it to always take up the full amount of RAM allocated to it upon boot up, until such time as the Delay Load Mode is functional.

Thanks
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: ETA on Delay Load Mode?

Post by Support »

We're trying to improve the performance of Delay Load mode (Quick Load mode in VSuite Ramdisk). It will come out in the next version.
JonP01 wrote:is it possible to simply upgrade to the latest version of Primo on the same machine without causing any issues to the existing image and RAM Drive that I have created on the current version (apart from enabling Delay Load Mode)?
Yes, you can simply upgrade to the latest version from the old version. All settings will be preserved. It is not necessary to do a fresh install.