PrimoCache and SSDkeeper

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Gogol
Level 2
Level 2

PrimoCache and SSDkeeper

Post by Gogol »

I am currently testing both programs in trial version and it seems to me they are not conflicting.

PrimoCache has only one L1 Cache (12 GB) task for my Samsung 512 GB 960 Pro and I have a 1 TB harddisk for backup of my system every day. I also make use of buffered defer writes. It didn't seem of much use to make a L2 cache for the harddisk, because when I do a backup I pause the caching.

I am in doubt though about buying SSDkeeper Home edition. It seems it is working good but when I disable Primocache I see no read speed improvement although SSDkeeper uses 2 GB Intellimemory caching.

Does anyone still uses SSDkeeper/Diskeeper 18 in combination with Primocache? I have read through the forum about Diskeeper.

Does SSDkeeper sit in between Primocache and the SSD/harddisk? Because I still see a lot of eliminated I/O and prevented fragments in SSDkeeper.

Oh and I surely going to buy Primocache :D
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: PrimoCache and SSDkeeper

Post by Support »

It is not recommended to use PrimoCache and SSDKeeper's Intellimemory caching at the same time. They might conflict and cause some unknown problems.
Gogol
Level 2
Level 2

Re: PrimoCache and SSDkeeper

Post by Gogol »

Thank you, I have uninstalled SSDkeeper.