Suggestion: On 3rd BOOT fail, disable PrimoCache driver

Suggestions around PrimoCache
escaward
Level 3
Level 3

Suggestion: On 3rd BOOT fail, disable PrimoCache driver

Post by escaward »

Hello Romex,

So far I have 4 licenses of PrimoCache and I really like it. I could use 3 more today. I have had a few times of PrimoCache requiring a Windows reinstalls however and it is very frustrating.

I just saw this today which is what I do sometimes to get things working again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[TIPS] When you encounter any boot problems with PrimoCache, you may try F8 button to go into the safe-boot mode first. If you can enter the safe-boot mode, you can uninstall PrimoCache and then reboot the computer to see if problems are solved or not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please find some way to make PrimoCache recover gracefully when there is a repeated BOOT problem.

For example,

++BOOT_flag
If BOOT_flag > 2 print "BOOT problem, driver disabled. Please uninstall" GOTO Skip_driver
<load driver>
Skip_driver
BOOT_flag=0

This way if BOOT_flag is not 0 from the start you there is some kind of driver issue. This is very simplistic, so maybe it would be better to set BOOT_flat=0 30 seconds after the system fully gets into the OS.

I really like PrimoCache but it really needs to fail more gracefully. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Regards,
escaward
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Suggestion: On 3rd BOOT fail, disable PrimoCache driver

Post by Support »

I'm sorry for the trouble caused!
Regarding this problem, actually I have to say that it's not easy to solve. Actually if PrimoCache can detect the problem was caused by itself, the program will automatically disable its functionality and won't cause any boot problem. The difficulty is that sometimes PrimoCache has no ability to know if the problem was caused by itself or other programs. Besides, during the boot up, it is kind of difficult to display messages.
But we do try to find a graceful way to solve this problem.
Thanks.