Problem with Windows "Compression Memory"?

Found a bug? Report here
anbu
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Problem with Windows "Compression Memory"?

Post by anbu »

Yeah, I admit, that sounds weird. But since then everything is quiet and Windows is running. Can Windows Defender be the culprit? The only new thing that came on the computer so far were the Windows updates. I almost assume that something was corrected by Microsoft during the last updates. They don't always tell the truth about corrected errors.
I could now try to remove the entry again and wait. :? Okay, I'll try it once and then get back to you. ;)

Nevertheless, I maintain the other measures. With these my Windows already runs much better and with PrimoCache even better. 8-)
anbu
Level 4
Level 4

Post by anbu »

At the moment everything is stable and very fast. I keep the other tuning measures (i.e. without Compress Memory and Prefetch-Service), because I still notice that it works even better without them.

I don't know what the trigger was before. On my system since my problems only Windows updates have been done (there were really many). I'm actually afraid now that an update here corrected something that used to cause this crash. Unfortunately, I guess it just matched the upgrade of PrimoCache. The cache was always completely destroyed. Something must have had a massive effect on PrimoCache. Because the cache was empty when restarting.

I am happy that everything is stable now. But I am unhappy that I caused puzzles for all other users. And I'm also unhappy that for the first time I'm standing quite helpless in front of something I don't understand.

Even in the Windows Event Viewer, there's nothing useful that could provide a clue.

I'll keep watching my PC. If anything changes, I'll get back to you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Again, thank you very much for sharing your experience and updates!
We will also post here when we have any updates on this problem.