Volume dishappeared

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
dhstsw
Level 2
Level 2

Volume dishappeared

Post by dhstsw »

Hi,

I was using a 250Gb SDD as a read cache with PrimoCache (3.0.9).
Today, seeing normal access times to the cached volume i cheched on PrimoCache and the avaiable cache size was zero.
Volume is 'seen' by the system (i usually use MiniTool Partition Wizard for those tasks).
Thinking about a glitch i deleted the whole cache task to set it up again from the start.

Problem is, PrimoCache doesn't see the volume at all; not as a possible cache (in the "create a L2 cache" wizard) and not even as a possible cacheable volume. It simply doesn't exists (anymore) for PrimoCache.

I proceed to format the SSD and even mount it as a letter on the system: windows sees it and interacts with it normally. Primocache simply ignores its existance.

I'm quite puzzled.

Can anyone help?
dhstsw
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Volume dishappeared

Post by dhstsw »

"Solved".
For some reason PrimoCache was still seeing the cache even if it didn't existed anymore.
Deleted the cache, recreated the cache task and now everything is back to normality.

Why it didn't see the cache (what originated the issue at the start) is still a mistery.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Volume dishappeared

Post by Support »

Thank you for the feedback! This problem seems a little weird. There is a known issue in Windows 10. When Windows has a major update, it will rebuild whole volume drivers and clear our caching info, causing caching volumes removed from their cache tasks. However, in such case, you can simply join these volumes back to cache tasks. Volumes are still available to show in the cacheable volume list. They are not completely disappeared as that you reported.
We'll keep an eye on this kind of problems.