License Transfer Question

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
robertp
Level 2
Level 2

License Transfer Question

Post by robertp »

I am not clear on the maximum number of upgrades of the license. The online documentation states that I can request that a license be upgraded (transferred to a replacement PC or new motherboard) a maximum of 5 times. If I buy a license for 3 PCs, does that mean that I could upgrade 5 times for each PC in the license (total of 15 times), or 5 times total for the one license (of 3 PCs)?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: License Transfer Question

Post by Support »

It's total of 15 times. :)
robertp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by robertp »

Thank you! Your information is helpful.

Do you have any plans to create an online deactivate/re-activate license plan? Many software companies are now allowing the user to deactivate and reactivate as many times as they wish. You already have an online license system, with a license/PC database. I would think that it wouldn't require much work to implement a user driven deactivate function to your existing system.

In that way, a user could transfer a license as desired on his own, yet your database would allow only the purchased number of PCs in that license to be active at one time. That would keep you protected from abuse, and not require your time manually doing it for the user.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Yes, we do have plan to support an online license management interface, thus users can do the transfer by themselves. It is planned to come out before June 30 this year.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

That's great news!
robertp
Level 2
Level 2

Post by robertp »

That is great news! At the same time, I'd like to see the maximum number of transfers be eliminated. With the Romex database limiting the number of activated PCs per license, their financial interests are protected no matter how many times licenses are transferred. That would also make the licenses much more flexible for the user... making me more likely to buy more licenses.