chosing profile in rev 3.09 Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
JohnnieDR
Level 1
Level 1

chosing profile in rev 3.09

Post by JohnnieDR »

I just installed a new 64gb microsd card to use as my caching hardware. Running win10 of HP PC (new) with AMD Rizen CPU and 16gb internal dimms.

I've formatted and made that SD card my l2Sstorage device...

When I go to setup my volumes, see attachment, and chose Windows C, logical, since there is no need to cache my RE (recover drive) or recovery D, partition...would you agree??

drives.jpg
drives.jpg (21.84 KiB) Viewed 2619 times

I hit "next" and expect to see a screen to chose my profile options (read, read write, etc) yest do not see that screen. It jumps right to my cache parameters page. Is this a new feature of 3.09?

After leaving most options as default, the program (primeocache) loads and I'm getting about a 20% hit rate. Prior to switching to ver 3.09, I was getting about an 80% hit rate using 3.02. What happened??

Any thoughts...?

Thanks
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: chosing profile in rev 3.09

Post by Jaga »

I think the read, read & write, etc have been moved to the "Preset Configurations" button you see in the next configuration window. Might have been too confusing for people before with the extra screen and all the detail there.

You definitely don't need to cache the recovery drive.

Not sure about your hit rate on the L2, normally that's just a symptom of needing to re-populate a new cache task over time. Make sure Individual Read/Write Cache Space is disabled on your L2 options. Can you look at the options and see if anything that would normally hold onto data is disabled (or enabled like volatile cache contents)? Post screens if you like.
JohnnieDR
Level 1
Level 1

Re: chosing profile in rev 3.09

Post by JohnnieDR »

Thanks Jaga,

I hadda feeling that rev. 3.09 had a new interface design with respect to the "profile option" page, since I did see the pre-configured options button, etc.

I'll try your suggestions and see if my numbers start coming up as time and usage goes by.

And I'll post improvements as they come...

John