[Solved] File Deleting Delay - Access Denied - Windows Issue Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
intika
Level 9
Level 9

[Solved] File Deleting Delay - Access Denied - Windows Issue

Post by intika »

Hello all

many time ago i have an issue on my system and never really looked to fix it until today.

Minimal explanation : often i can not delete a file/directory directly, and observe a delay before the system delete the file with an access denied error.

Detailed issue : when i have a fresh created folder that contain an exe file i got a delay of 2 or 3 minute before the file/directory is deleted when i request it, file still available and when try to delete is say it's used... and some time later the system auto delete it... (unlocker don't solve the issue)

i thought it was primocache issue but not at all ! it's a windows issue. here is the solution it could help some one in here :) :
just start the command prompt and enter:
"net start AeLookupSvc"
"net start PcaSvc"

now try to delete some ".exe" file... (or a copy of some .exe) - if windows explorer deletes the files immediately (press F5 to refresh and check), then it works!

open "services.msc" and set the startup type of the "AeLookupSvc" ("Application Experience" or "Anwendungserfahrung") and the "PcaSvc" ("Programm Compatibility Assistant" or "Programmkompatibilitäts-Assistent-Dienst") to "automatic"
the issue could also cause an issue when uninstalling application or trying to edit an exe

Sources :
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/720 ... -file.html
Last edited by intika on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Re: [Solved] File Deleting Delay - Windows Issue

Post by intika »

this issue made COMODO Internet Security verry unstable.
and also Avira Antivirus/Security Suite

grrr all that time pfffffff... %!*$^¨§ Ms Dev.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Re: [Solved] File Deleting Delay - Access Denied - Windows I

Post by intika »

in other forms, you could not disable these services on ms windows "Application Experience" and "Programm Compatibility Assistant" without harming the system.
One more time, well done ms lol
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

Despite there is no single correlation to Primocache at all, I see no problem here...

Win 7 Ult. 64bit

Application experience is set to "manual" and is started.
Programm Compatibility Assistant is deativated.

Comodos Antivirus,Firewall and HIPS is running very well.

In fact when you have no idea about win-services you should not try tweaking your win-services, otherwise you run into these strange problems and blame others. Standard-Setup doesn't run into this problem so there's no need to blame redmond. The problem here is not the Program Compatibility Assistant, it's deactivated for sure, but that you should not completely deactivate Application Experience.

When you review service-tweaking guides like BlackViper's you would clearly see that Application Experience is never ever meant for deactivation... so why you did it better knowing on your own? :roll: i mean you deactivate system internals not knowing what they exactly do and then blame someone else your system isnt working... what the frakk is wrong with you? try some guides before adjusting internals.

Im sry for sounding offensive... microsoft doesnt explain what App Exp is exactly doing... and noone else know for sure, except for testing and seeing something isn't working, that's why lists exist to check if what you are doing is alright. please use them. it's already public info.

No issue here... especially not with Primocache. Please lock.

Thx to BlackViper... http://www.blackviper.com
Attachments
appexp.jpg
appexp.jpg (46.93 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

It's not an issue, and i solved my problem directly; i posted this over here just to help if some one have the issue.
i am not newbie, i know what i am talking about... and sorry i am still thinking that microsoft is not doing a good work, the shell system should not hang on calling an api function that have the state disabled at least the shell could use it but predict the disable case, otherwise don't give a feature to disable it.