Windows corrupts after latest patch corrupt primocache Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
brighttail
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Windows corrupts after latest patch corrupt primocache

Post by brighttail »

Deleted old version, reinstalled new version and recreated primary and L2 cache.

I'm happy to say no errors or that scanning/repairing issue.

Sweet! Thanks!
BonzaiDuck
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BonzaiDuck »

It occurs to me, Brighttail, that even different symptoms might be resolved by a patch that address only one of them.

So getting 2.7.3 installed is my priority for the day. And thanks for your observation on this.
brighttail
Level 4
Level 4

Post by brighttail »

BonzaiDuck wrote:It occurs to me, Brighttail, that even different symptoms might be resolved by a patch that address only one of them.

So getting 2.7.3 installed is my priority for the day. And thanks for your observation on this.
I'm hoping it addresses all of our issues. :)

Big thanks to SUPPORT for finding a fix on this!
hang10z
Level 2
Level 2

Post by hang10z »

I am having a similar problem with the V3 beta. It sounds slightly different but may be related. I have an 120GB SSD drive that is dedicated to both READ/WRITE Cache of a Large SATA drive. I cannot restart or boot my Windows 10 machine with the cache drive plugged in. I get a spinning wheel of death that never stops or I get sent to the repairing screen. It appears to be the same issue with the non-standard volume messing with windows boot up. I have to detach the drive, boot into windows and then plug the drive in afterwards. Fortunately my raid controller allows hot swaping drives so its not an issue to plug the drive in once windows boots. Annoying to have to open the case everytime I restart my machine though.

Love the product otherwise, awesome performance of my Virtual Machines now that I have the volume cached with PrimoCache.