Big hybrid disk working?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
helming
Level 1
Level 1

Big hybrid disk working?

Post by helming »

Hello, there.

I'm not native english speaker, so please understand if I say something stupid, or weird.

I've been using Primo ramdisk for a week now.
I created a ramdisk for temporary folders, It has worked without a problem.

Then I created a hybrid disk of 20g, which consist of 10g ram and 10g physical drive.
I copied a big file of 13g, and tried to calculate hash of that file. But after reading data until 10g, data couldn't be read. The program became unresponsive, whole progess was just stuck at that point. I waited more than 10 min, but nothing changed.

So I opened explorer, right click on the file, which lead to explorer being unresponsive.
I restarted explorer process, but it's partially restored. Some of the explorer menu didn't work- namely start menu.
Thus I decided to remove the hybrid disk. As I tried to remove the hybrid disk, primo ramdisk became unresponsive, too.

Out of idea, I tried to turn off the computer using Ctrl Alt Del, but computer didn't turn off as usual. It was stuck at signing out windows account.
So I had to turn it down by pressing power button.

For test, I created smaller hybrid disk which consist of 250mb ram and 250mb physical drive.
Then I copied 400mb file, and tried to calculate hash, and It worked.
I mean hash was correctly calculated.

So, I assume there is something wrong when it comes to big hybrid disk.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Big hybrid disk working?

Post by Support »

Do you use the latest version (6.3.1)? There was an issue of hybrid disks on Windows 10 in old versions.