Pre loading content

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
Level 5

Pre loading content

Post by points »

Is there a way to preload content automatically into the Ramdisk on boot?
Level 5

Re: Pre loading content

Post by points »

Any support on this question?
Level 5

Post by points »

I wonder what happend to the technical support? Last active date was 2 weeks ago.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I'm sorry for the late reply!

Regarding your question, you may enable the image file feature for the ramdisk. (Standard Edition or a hybrid ramdisk doesn't support the image file).
Level 5

Post by points »

support wrote:I'm sorry for the late reply!

Regarding your question, you may enable the image file feature for the ramdisk. (Standard Edition or a hybrid ramdisk doesn't support the image file).
But this means that the the entire Ram content will be stored in the image file, right? What I need is an option to load specific applications or data into the ram disk on boot. Basically it is a copy on boot to speed up specific operations.
It could be done by a startup script but a built in function into ram disk would be preferred.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I'm sorry that so far you may have to use a startup script to support this. Primo Ramdisk simulates physical disks which are block-level devices and don't have any file information. Even in future we support this feature, we also have to use similar techniques like scripts, instead of implementing it into ramdisk itself.
Level 5

Post by points »

It would be interesting to have such a feature though.
If I am using my own script I would have to check if the ramdisk is up, the driveletter and if size is sufficient.
So to skip all those manual checks, it would be preferred, if the ramdisk offers such a feature to load specific items once it is up and running.
Creating an image file is not an option as this creates a copy of the entire ramdisk which is not the same.