Primo Ramdisk Ultimate 5.7.0 always creates image of ramdisk

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
Hellbilly
Level 2
Level 2

Primo Ramdisk Ultimate 5.7.0 always creates image of ramdisk

Post by Hellbilly »

I reinstalled Win10 on Friday and was surprised to find an updated version of the Primo Ramdisk. After installation I did some work with my ramdisk expecting the contents to be gone after booting my system the next day, but found they weren't. Same thing happened on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and now Tuesday as well. "Enable associated image file" is disabled in the settings for the ramdisk, and I use only that single ramdisk.

Anyone else ran into the same issue? Any idea how to turn it off?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Primo Ramdisk Ultimate 5.7.0 always creates image of ramdisk

Post by Support »

I think this is because Windows "Fast Startup" feature since Windows 8. The feature is enabled by default and it make computer enter a hibernate-like state when you shutdown (shutdown) the computer. Kernel memory content will be stored on shutdown and restored on next boot. So you'll see the ramdisk contents are still there. If you restart the computer, you shall see the content removed.
Generally, this issue won't cause fatal problems. If you want to clear contents on shutdown, currently the workaround is to disable Windows "Fast Startup" feature. In version 6.0, this issue will be fixed.
Thanks.
Hellbilly
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Primo Ramdisk Ultimate 5.7.0 always creates image of ramdisk

Post by Hellbilly »

Totally forgot about this "feature". I disabled "Fast Startup" via this guide:
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189 ... -10-a.html
Let's see how it works.