FacyCache + Acronis Backup & Recovery = BlueScreen [Solved] Topic is solved

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: FacyCache + Acronis Backup & Recovery = BlueScreen

Post by Support »

Hi,

please check v0.3.0.0 if possible. Thank you.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

hi...
i'll check this
and let you know :)
thanks
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Problem Not Solved on v0.3.0.0

Hello,

As the title the problem is still there...
I noticed that someone on the forum have an issue with Norton Ghost 15 i think the issue is the same... any way...

I made a big report as usual lol :

0. Test is made with Fancy Cache alone (no Ramdisk) (tested strategy = read/write) - Volume version
1. The NTFS.SYS problem seems to be solved but the blue screen is still there
2. I made a capture of the blue screen
3. You can find attached 7 Mini Dumps Files (All from the blue screen crash)
4. On Acronis Log i can only see "error"
5. You can fin a copy of Windows Logs... but i did not find some thing indicating what exactly is going wrong...
5.1 The only think that i found on system log is that Acronis is logged and started
6. Important : This time with v0.3 the problem come even when only first cache is used (no other option enabled)
6.1 v0.2.1.1
First the "cache size" First level cache don't seem to cose trouble... (i did not make lot of test only one)
7. i enabled cache on C: and then tray to backup c: to e: Acronis is normally only reading cached partition

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i tried... with no sucess :
- Disabling eBoostr driver/service.
- Disabling Vsuite Ramdisk Drivers.
- Closing all other apps...

Solution :
----------
1a. i think you are looking for the exact read/access problem...
Correcting the exact problem will make your final version very good and let it be compatible with futur/unknown applications
2a. You could make a quick fix by discarding problematic file from the fancy cache i know that it work i test it with other sofs...
2b. You could simply add an "exclusion list" feature" where we could add for example "c:\prog file\acronis"
3a. You could imagine a firewall system asking for every application if we want to cache it or not ...
Solution Part II :
-------------------
1. May be making a virtual hdd driver that bypass the real hdd drive will be a nice different working alternative (difficult... but i just post...)
2. Let some applications bypass the cache system by ignoring the fancy cache driver
3. Disabling Fancy cache function when some softs is lunched or something like that...
4. i don't know lol no ideas for the moments...

Windows Event Log 4 The Blue Screen
- System
- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID 41
Version 2
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2010-11-03T04:19:08.140434500Z
EventRecordID 415565
Correlation
- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
Computer Angel
- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18
- EventData
BugcheckCode 35
BugcheckParameter1 0x110136
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi intika,

Thank you very much for testing and detail feedback.

I have downloaded the dump file. And for your safety, I disabled others to download this file.

PS. Is there any special settings on Acronis program and eBoostr?
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Hi...

First i got an idea it could be very interesting...
Detail :
1- Imagine Creating a virtual drive/partition from ram as "Ramdisk Do" example size 4GB
2- Imagine setting the 4 GB not to the size of the drive/partition but to the cache of this virtual drive/parittion (as we got 3, 4 or 6 Mo for actual real drive) but done it this way...
3- Imagine pointing/mirroring a real drive/partition with this virtual one !
4- Example : i want to boost my C: drive where i have windows
--A. Fancy Cache create the drive i talk about on 1 and 2
--B. FC Set my C: to Z: (Registry)
--C. FC Set the virtual drive to C: (Registry)
--D. Reboot

This solution and suggestion could make fancy cache working with really less issue cose it will use windows working manner...
Other idea you could just find a way to grow the existing hdd cache memory (driver) by pointing ram... i don't know exactly how fc is working actually...

If you are interested is this solution i will tray to backup virtual partition made with Ramdisk with Acronis and see if i got problem... (i don't want to test it now cause my machine is a production machine and it sustained too many blue screen this morning lool) ... the advantage of this solution will be the real access to the disk... for example if i want to manipulate my old c: i go directly to z: and when making backup also... so no more problem...

This could be easy to be done, the only thing is transition between c: and z: cause windows look for booting file on c: ... and fc driver will not be loaded yet... hummm... it's not impossible to tell windows where to get het file without telling C: ! and as windows identify the partition with an id may be there will be no problem there...

any way i talked a lot on a suggestion lol

PS. Is there any special settings on Acronis program and eBoostr?
about acronis :
There is not options about how the soft get access to the hard drive... or some thing that can be set to solve the problem... (Info: Acronis is lunching driver, many services and also startup apps it's a huge apps lol - not taking much resource but have many part here and there... )
about eboostr, is just talked about it cause he also cache system file and softs... and may be there is an incompatibility but it's not the case the soft is not causing trouble with fc... i just disable it completely (driver and service) when testing fc like that i'am sure the problem is not coming from there... but the soft work with fc...

;)
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi intika,

We have analyzed the dump files. Can find where the problem occurred, however still can't determine what exactly cause it.
We'd like to know more information, if possible, can you mail us the screenshot of the FancyCache settings and the registry values in the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}
Another question: When does the bluescreen occur now? as soon as opening the Acronis backup, starting the backup progress or during the backup progress?
PS. do you tick "backup sector by sector" option in the Acronis backup program?

We are also checking if other third-party programs affect this issue...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I am sorry, but I can't understand well...
PS. what do you mean by word "Mo"
support wrote:2- Imagine setting the 4 GB not to the size of the drive/partition but to the cache of this virtual drive/parittion (as we got 3, 4 or 6 Mo for actual real drive) but done it this way...
Also can't understand well, could you explain more? thank you...
intika wrote:--B. FC Set my C: to Z: (Registry)
--C. FC Set the virtual drive to C: (Registry)
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Mo = MB = Mega Byte
I mean the real hard drive cache installed physically on the hard drive

--B = Changing the access letter of the tuned partition
Replace the partition letter to an other and after that the tuned virtual partition take the place of the original one by taking her access letter

In other work

1. Create a virtual partition
2. Assign Virtual Cache to this partition by driver or else (You know we have on real drive cache for r/w it's generally 2 MB or something like that)
3. Pointing a real partition with our new virtual partition like RAID Mirror technologies do for example
4. At this time we could use our original partition passing by the virtual one cause it got more cache !
5. Replace the original partition by the virtual mirrored one
5.1 Changing the letter assignment for example

Hope it's clear now

- i already tell it ... The Blue screen occur when backup is starting when acronis try to read the disk !
- it occur only when lunching the backup not the software... when starting the backup.
- When starting read tuned partition before 1% even before 0.0001% of the backup ;)
- The option sector by sector on acronis is not enabled it take too much time to backup like that
- Third-party... hummm may be Diskeeper...

Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

If I understand correctly, the proposal might not be applicable. The virtual partition can't be fully mirrored to the C: drive, because generally virtual partition is too small while c drive is large. And aslo I think this can't direct out where the root cause is...Anyway we try to reproduce the issue at our site.

sorry, but two questions again:
1. Is Paragon Hard Disk Suite installed in your computer?
2. Is there a USB/Flash drive or other devices which has Fat32/Fat filesystem while you start the Acronis backup?

Thank you.
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

If I understand correctly, the proposal might not be applicable. The virtual partition can't be fully mirrored to the C: drive, because generally virtual partition is too small while c drive is large. And aslo I think this can't direct out where the root cause is...Anyway we try to reproduce the issue at our site.
in the idea of course the virtual drive will not mirror the entire c: capacity... the drive will make direct access to c: but will get cache in plus... any way there is the problem of the root... nothing is impossible... it was a suggestion :)

1. Yes paragon is installed
2. Yes My "acronis secure zone" (partition where is store backup) is fat32 but when i made the backup test i made a backup from (c: ntfs cached with fc -----to------ e: ntfs) and the problem occur...

i emailed you a capture of my
Services and drivers