Well explained... i could understand that you don't want to make tests on production machine... just don't forget even if fancy cache is stable for the moment it's always on beta release !
Any way... reading you i am seeing my config one year ago lol
what i can recommend you it's about the way you are using your hidden ram
i'll not loose much time to explain but just test this and let me know :
0. Test you machine speed with a timer (Reboot time/Starting time of some specific applications)
1. Set your paging file to c: with size 4GB (and remove all other paging places)
2. Remove your ram disk
3. Use all hidden memory on FC (you got 4 GB hidden if i understand)
4. Set 4 GB on FC for C: and set 15 - 60 sec deferred write ...
5. Retest the speed
6. Adjust your paging file size to have 20% free ram on while normal system using (20% free from 2 GB detected by windows... see taskmanager)
have a nice day