Next Version? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
tekken
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Next Version?

Post by tekken »

support wrote:Hi all,

Thank you very much for your testings and feedbacks!

In regard to persistent level-2 cache, I'm sorry that I forgot to mention the following limits. It seems that you have already known them :)
1. Level-2 Storage: only basic disk is supported in this version. The partition to be formatted to a level-2 storage can be a raw partition. This means that it is not necessary to format a partition with NTFS, FAT32, or other file system before formatting it to a level-2 storage.
2. In this version, level-2 cache only stores data that were discarded by level-1 cache. This means that if level-1 cache is enough large to hold all hot data, no data will be transferred to level-2 cache. Later we'll update the algorithm to make level-2 cache able to store hot data from level-1 cache.

Thank you for your WORK!
Can I use SSD for write-cache in 0.90? (In 0.80 ssd can use only for read-cache)

P.S. Sorry for my russian-english :oops:
Zzyzx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Zzyzx »

Is there any possibility of getting a key for PrimoCache 0.90 so I can keep testing it until 0.91 is released? Or is PrimoCache coming out on August 1st?
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

Zzyzx wrote:Is there any possibility of getting a key for PrimoCache 0.90 so I can keep testing it until 0.91 is released? Or is PrimoCache coming out on August 1st?
Primocache 0.9.1 please!! Weird thing is that I did a Windows update and now said expire after a reboot. I use the .8.0 license and it give 7 days left before it expire again.

----corrected my grammar
Last edited by minhgi on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

No problem here 56 days left... no problem rebooting.

Edit: Wells eems it auto-updated the key-registration. Because when you look in the latest news for the product you find this:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2153
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

Incriminated wrote:No problem here 56 days left... no problem rebooting.

Edit: Wells eems it auto-updated the key-registration. Because when you look in the latest news for the product you find this:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2153
Yep..that did the trick. Thanks allot.
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

Somebody heared your beggin :D 0.9.1 is there... with invisible memory support.