Games

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Emperos
Level 2
Level 2

Games

Post by Emperos »

im currently working of improving the performance of games. i know how to do this because of the hours of research that ive done. but countless more were spend trying to find a free ramdisk program that would allow me to use "unmanaged" ram. finding this program (by accident i might add) has been a great help. but i was worried about one thing "It can simulate faster ramdisk" on the pay side does this mean that the free version is capped at a certain speed? this would not be preferable. although it does outweigh hd usage i want extreme performance.... and im very poor so the probability of me buying it is unfortunately low. (perhaps an advertisement on your homepage that you get money per click for,,, with a statment "if you like our products click here" too make some extra revenue.) Also anyone wanting to know how to improveing your games performance can ask me for help, ill do what i can untill someone better shows up. (i still know very little as im still waiting for my extra ram to show up for testing purposes. i may move the next statement to the suggestion part of the board later. a very interesting feature would be a process that when selected will monitor a process to see which files are used the most. (tested during use) then when some time has passed using said process have the program make a profile for the process. then when the profile is used it would use a ram disk and copy over the most used files (keeping size in mind of course) to the ram disk a create some kind of symbolic link from the data to the ram

1: "It can simulate faster ramdisk" on the pay side does this mean that the free version is capped at a certain speed?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Games

Post by Support »

The PRO edition supports to create Direct IO ramdisk which has faster access speed than SCSI ramdisk. The speed difference is caused by their different principles. We do not limit the speed intentionally.
Please refer to our website for the difference
http://www.romexsoftware.com/main/suppo ... perf1.html
Emperos
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Emperos »

you can tell this is a good company. the quick response was much appreciated. okay that makes perfect since, your innovative new way to use a ramdisk to be pay for only. which means that my use for your awesome free software is still perfect.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Yes, the Public Edition is enough for personal use normally.