Autosave function

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Zero3K
Level 3
Level 3

Autosave function

Post by Zero3K »

Will it be available to use in the Public Edition? If not, I think it should be.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Autosave function

Post by Support »

Autosave will not be in the Public Edition...
Currently Autosave are also not enabled in the Professional Edition and the Server Edition. We are testing how to deal with big-size file.
Zero3K
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Zero3K »

Is there any way to have it be manually saved using the command prompt?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

sorry, our product does not provide this feature.

maybe you can try other tools to manually save the data on the ramdisk.
Zero3K wrote:Is there any way to have it be manually saved using the command prompt?
Emperos
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Emperos »

for a easy manual copy over all you would need would be a folder in your ramdisk. i recommend getting robocopy offline somewhere. then all you would need would be a bat file with the commands

robocopy X:/temp C:/temp
this should copy the temp folder from x drive to the temp folder in the C drive.
for example here is my current firefox bat file. it automatically copys the needed files makes symbolic links. then copys the files backover when it done. this is onlt a beta, im still monitoring my procmon for other important files... like jave but its too big until i get my extra ram.

also i highly recommend getting notepad++ it is an awesome program for editing anything. including hex.

also this is my actual batfile.... i am aware of the typos. but i also know that it works
:Firefox Cache
:copy profiles to temp direc
robocopy "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\My Documents\folder for tran\Profiles" /E
:copy profiles to Ram
robocopy "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" "X:\Profiles" /E
:delete originale
RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles"
:create symbolic link
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\junction" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" "X:\Profiles"
:Java cache
:copy cache to temp direc
robocopy "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\My Documents\folder for tran\cache" /E
:copy cache to Ram
robocopy "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache" "X:\cache" /E
:delete originale
RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache"
:create symbolic link
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\junction" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache" "X:\cache"
:run
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
:remove fire profiles
:delete symbolic link
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\junction" /d "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles"
:recopy originale
robocopy "X:\Profiles" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" /E
:remove temp
RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\My Documents\folder for tran\Profiles"
:remove ram
RD /S /Q "X:\Profiles"
:remove java cache
:delete symbolic link
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\junction" /d "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache"
:recopy originale
robocopy "X:\cache" "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache" /E
:remove temp
RD /S /Q "C:\Documents and Settings\Christopher\My Documents\folder for tran\cache"
:remove ram
RD /S /Q "X:\cache"