Thinking of using you...

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
NPSF3000
Level 1
Level 1

Thinking of using you...

Post by NPSF3000 »

Hi, I'm thinking of setting up a 6gb RAMdisk in the near future, and so far have narrowed two companies out - you and Qsoft(ramdisk.tk)...

Your software package has only two problems,
1) It's not Vista 64bit compatible (hopefully you will get it working before i have to decide - i know your working on it)
and
2)the paid version has a max of 4gb? I'm only ram disking as a cheap gimmick/experiment (to say my system loads games faster than your $300... SDD for only $100), but at this minor level i want to set up ram disk at 6GB (conceivably a little more). This size increase is all i would need to pay as the freebie contains all the features i should want. (I hope this is a 32bit issue and will be expanded if/when you release a 64bit version).

Other than that i'm impressed with your product and hope i can try it out soon.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Thinking of using you...

Post by Support »

Thanks for your attention.

1) Regarding the b4-bit Vista issue, we are waiting for Microsoft Code Signing Certificate. It still requires some days.
2) The Server Edition has no limitation on the size of a single ramdisk even on 32-bit Windows. (It may require hardware support on 32-bit Windows, please see http://www.romexsoftware.com/main/suppo ... g-ram.html)
The ohter Edition are limited to 4GB size for a single ramdisk, but the Professional Edition has no limitation on the total amount of RAM used. This means you can create more than one ramdisk and each ramdisk can be 4GB size.

Please feel free to contact us whenever necessary.