Question regarding product ID

FAQ, getting help, user experience about VSuite Ramdisk
Hans2000
Level 2
Level 2

Question regarding product ID

Post by Hans2000 »

I have some questions regarding the product ID that is needed to generate a serial. I noticed that the ID is different for every system, so now when I buy this RAMDISK software using the specific product ID of my current PC, what happens when I buy me a new PC? The ID will most likely change and I cannot register the software any more. How do you handle those kind of computer changes?
Also it might be needed to reinstall windows (or maybe upgrade from i.e. XP to Vista/7) which will most likely result in a new Product ID. How do you handle this?

Thank you and best regards.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Question regarding product ID

Post by Support »

Thanks for your attention.
One license is for one computer only. The license file is related to the main hardware components of the computer. If you re-install the operating system, the license file is still valid. However if you change the main hardware components like CPU or motherboard, the license file may not work again.

If you upgrade windows from xp(32-bit) to vista(32-bit)/win7(32-bit), the license file is still valid. But if upgrade from 32-bit Windows to 64-bit Windows, the license file will be not valid any more. You may upgrade the old license or buy a new one.

Please feel free to contact us whenever necessary.
Hans2000
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hans2000 »

So you tell me, that whenever I change a "main" component of my PC I will have to buy a new license??
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Ok, in this case, we provide one chance for free license update after three months since purchase.
Hans2000
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hans2000 »

That's not really satisfying, considering that I usually upgrade some of my PC's main-components once or twice a year. That means I would need to buy one license per year at least. I was just about to buy this nice software, but the fact I have to "rebuy" it at least once a year really bugs me.
Maybe you think a bit about your current licensing model and don't bind a license to one PC's hardware, then I would really change my mind and purchase it.

Thanks anyway!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

please let us discuss this problem in our team, and try to get a solution.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Ok, we provide one chance for free license update every year after three months since purchase. However the total chances for free update will be limited to 5.

Please feel free to contact us whenever necessary.
Hans2000
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Hans2000 »

Well, that sounds fair. But hopefully this will really be the case when it comes that far for me ;)
Maybe you should mention this fact on your homepage here: http://www.romexsoftware.com/main/produ ... chase.html

Thanks!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Yes, we will post this information on our website. We are revising the whole website, and will do it in one or two days.
drequena
Level 1
Level 1

List of implied hardware components

Post by drequena »

Hi,

Regarding this issue, a list of implied components would be needed. For example
I should know beforehand if a hard disk change or a RAM upgrade will invalidate
current key or not.

Thanks in advance